There are many distractions right now in the media on the national level. Remember to take care of yourself too, though! Stay alert, progressives!
2. [Rescheduled] GPAN is hosting a Grassroots Organizing Training Series led by fellow GPANer and activist Elizabeth Marum. The fifth training will now occur on Tuesday, April 11th, from 6 to 8 PM. The remaining training dates are 4/11, and 4/18. Please join us to gain the tools to be an effective activist, advocate, or defender of human rights. You do not need to have attended a previous training as this workshop has a theme independent of the others. We will be meeting in the fellowship room, downstairs in the First Baptist Church on Grand Ave. Here is the event page: https://www.facebook.com/event
– Recap of the Keystone XL protest
– Discussion and introduction on “Trump Owes Us Tax Transparency” days of action
– Signmaking for tax transparency honk and wave. We’ll have the supplies. We just ask everyone to make one sign at the meeting
– BBQ social
– Follow up on issue ID surveys and meeting locations
– Ideas on new GPAN direct actions…Wal-Mart workers protest”
Special Election Events
1. What if your Member of Congress is trying to keep you from asking the tough questions by setting up a Sham Town Hall? Senator Daines has been hosting teletown halls. Robert Reich is here for you again: check out these tips on how to call out MoCs’ tactics for suppressing your involvement in their public events and town halls.
2. Here are some policy details to better inform you and design questions for you Member of Congress! Indivisible created a backgrounder on each of the five policy priorities, including suggested questions on each topic to ask at your local town hall. Want to skip straight to the questions? Check out the whole list here!
- Demand an Independent Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 U.S. Election
- Resisting Trump’s Budget: No Cuts, No Wall, No Deportation Force
- How to Get Trump’s Tax Returns
- “Obamacare Is the Law of the Land”—Protecting the Affordable Care Act
- The Senate Went “Nuclear” to Give Donald Trump a Win on Gorsuch: Now What?